Old
06-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
What facts? You haven't offered any. You've ignored all the facts concerning Carle. My opinion isn't insanely conceited. My opinion is based on irrefutable facts!

Opinion articles such as yours that aren't based on the facts, aren't factual. Opinion articles based on the facts such as the one I offered, are.

As I said before, ignore the opinions that the author offers, and just take the facts from it. Either way the conclusion is the same. And that's that Carle is a very good player.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're an intelligent guy. But something is blinding you here. Because you're making yourself look foolish here. I really don't have the desire to embarrass you any further here.
I've given you stats; last offseason I threw stats at you left and right, several people did. When we did that you ignored them, so I've long since given up on that as a waste of time. I've given you real life examples. Real life is pretty factual, right? Almost as factual as an article? You've ignored them in favor of stats and opinions that mesh with your own. You're hopeless. Arguing this with you is an utter waste of time, because you refuse to see anything that's inconvenient to your divine vision of Carle. You're too closed minded to consider that anybody else could POSSIBLY have a valid obserervation...unless it's in an article, because that somehow makes opinions official and valid. You argue through attrition; you repeat the same thing repeatedly, ignoring or dismissing any stats, examples or facts that go against what you believe, until everyone else has left the discussion.

Well, I'm not falling into that trap anymore. Im done. You're wrong, you overrate Carle, he's really not that great. Godpseed to the next brave soul that dares level the slightest criticism of Carle's flaws without a tome of articles to back it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Disproves nothing he claimed. You seem to think opinion articles written on websites with clear biases to certain players are magical or something, but that doesn't mean they're actually correct.

See, this is what I mean. He just used stats to prove a point. All you have is an article written by someone else? That's pretty weak.