View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 01:53 AM
DaAnimal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I posted this on the main board Karlsson thread, it pretty much sums-up my opinion of the Karlsson Norris debacle.

Just for arguments sake, why wasn't Willie Mitchell a Norris candidate? He's basically the polar opposite of Karlsson, not great offensively, fantastic defensively. Willie Mitchell was a +20 on a team that finished 29th in goals per game, he played 272:33 minutes short handed for the 4th ranked PK, and tied for 62nd for points among defensemen (much better league wide than Karlsson would rank defensively). Do you know why Mitchell isn't a Norris candidate and Karlsson won today? Because points are sexy and easily seen in a score sheet, and the Norris pretty much has nothing to do with actual defensive play (which was more then proven today)
east coast bias runs rampant. Some GMs are bitter that the Kings won (or was the voting taken place before the stanley cup?) I mean **** I totally agree with you, Willie should have been nominated. I mean look at Quick he got 50% less votes than Lundy. I mean the race wasn't even close lol, pretty sad if you ask me.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote