View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 07:03 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Personally I would trade Buff everyday of the week before Enstrom, but I just don't see a market for him. Call him what you like 4th forward or rover, Buff wouldn't fit into most team's systems, so why mess things up for yourself for a 5.2 M cap hit. Enstrom on the other could bring some real value coming back as his offensive skill is undeniable. However, IMO Enstrom is also more than slightly undersized, which is fine on an otherwise big gritty team which the Jets are not, so I think his physical limitations become more noticeable. This is then multiplied with him having to cover up for Buff all the time.

In my perfect world we find someone to take Buff and get some value back, we sign Enstrom and pair him with Bogo on the top pairing, find 2 big stay at home defensive heavyweights to fill out our other pairings, and concentrate on finding forwards who can put the puck into the net.

Count me in on this plan King.

The thought of going into the 2013-14 season with Bogo and Buff as our only top 4 assets (currently on our roster at this point) is terrifying. if Bogo were to pick up an injury.....yikes. If Buff shows up fit for camp and is with THE plan and by that I mean our plan and not his plan then I am in the camp of not moving our D assets at this point except maybe the Hains at the deadline if he plans to go to market next July anyways. Why trade one problem for another?

By the 2013-14 season I could see two of Burmi, Telegin, or Scheifele joining Kane to form a solid young second line or we patch the hole via a better free agency market next year depending on that prospect groups development over the next 14 months.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote