View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Yeah. It's not like he was getting lit up nonstop on horrendous breakdowns on every play resulting in odd man rushes and cross crease passes. A lot of the goals he let in were completely on him. The type of goals that wouldn't have been prevented if we had Weber, Pronger magically recovered, Timonen drank from the fountain of youth, and Couturier was on the ice...the kind of goals that went in because Bryz just flat out blew it. For a while the only reliable defense that could have totally bailed out Bryz would have been one that allowed 0 shots on net; that's not reasonable.

I'm willing to chalk it up to just one bad year, with a hilariously long adjustment period; I think most fans are. But if he plays in space cadet mode and costs the team games for any extended period next season the collective fan rage will wither him.
yeah and if you read in between the lines with Holmgren's after season comments I dont think Holmgren was impressed. he wasnt good at all last season outside of that stretch in March where he played out of his mind and against NJ in round 2.
I am not expecting him to put up .950 all year like he did in March. But if we go into another season where we need to score 4 goals to win every night then its going to be a long season.