View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Does anyone know anything about Schultz's character? Like in terms of if he's about winning or just going to sign with the team that offers him the very last penny? If he's all about winning, I really don't see why he'd sign with a team like the Islanders, Blue Jackets, or Oilers, who all need help on defense, unless they significantly overpay for him. It's going to be very interesting, and I think there's going to be a hell of a bidding war for this guy, he's a solid prospect.

What do you guys think he ultimately signs for in terms of years and dollars?

Also, I'm curious about your defensive core going forward. I really like guys like Musil (thought he was a major steal), Klefbom, Marincin, etc., but imo, they're going to be #2 or #3 guys, not that there's anything wrong with that, it's awesome to have depth on the blueline, but it wouldn't hurt to have a legit #1. If you guys draft Yaks, and put all your eggs into the Justin Schultz basket, and don't get him, where do you guys go? Does Kevin Lowe throw one of his notorious offer sheets at Shea Weber? It's pretty slim pickings for legit #1 d-men on the Free Agent market, and given how Edmonton hasn't had much success the last few years, they'd likely have to significantly overpay to get one to come out west. Remember, Nashville filed arbitration last year and they can't do it again, and they're not exactly a cash-rich franchise. If Lowe does that, I think he'd be a SOLID addition. Him and Whitney running the power play and dishing the puck to Eberle, Hall, RNH, Yaks, Gagner, etc. would be downright scary.

Anyone else you can go after on the trade market? Thanks!
It costs nothing to pursue Schultz and he is relatively cheap if he does sign so why would we be throwing our eggs into one basket. Leaf fan?