View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Vandelay Industries

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
A top five goalie that lost his starting position. To a rookie. In the playoffs.

I don't quite think Luongo is top five.. or even top ten. Combine this with the fact that he has a terribad contract and your situation isn't looking very pretty.

Did you watch the playoffs?

Schneider was started to jump start the team, even Vigneault said this. Luongo didnt play bad, he wasnt horrible, it was to jump start the team, and once Schneider got in the net, he played so good you had to leave him in.

Who do you consider better than Luongo. Im not being sarcastic or anything, id like to know.

IMO he's in the 7-10 range.

My list looks like this

1. Lundquist- dont think he need any explaining, just won the Vezina and has been a top 10 goalie for the last 4-5 years.
2.Quick- Just won the Stanley cup in dominant performance, Conn Smythe, and a Vezina candidate.
3.Rinne- Vezina Candidate 2 years in a row, not much explaining needed.
4.Price- Solid starter on a weak team decimated with injuries (offence Habs fans)
5. Ward- Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup, and underrated IMO playing on the Hurricanes
6. Miller- Coming back from the concussion after he recovered looked back to his normal self.
7. Luongo- This is where I place Luongo.

Obviously its not the same for everyone, im not including players like Rask or Schneider or Bernier or Lindback, who are backups that will be great starters in the near future. Im also taking into consideration past season, thats why guys like Elliot and Smith arent that high, to rank them as high as the ones ahead they have to be able to have a good season more than once, and honestly i think playing on a defensive team inflates their stats.