Thread: Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Brad Stuart (3 years, $3.6 per)
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 03:36 PM
gonegonegone*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
Hindsight is 20/20. Can you really fault DW for Handzus or White for that matter? There was no telling that we even overpaid for either of them, or that they would be that bad. The NMC for Zeus didn't seem like it mattered much until he completely fell apart halfway through this season.
i was happy about the white signing. yeah that one i dont blame DW for, and i dont think any fan does. but lots were questioning zeus when it happened, esp with the ntc. this board exploded over the wallin and huskins signings. in the end though, hindsight is what matters, cuz history will prove the GM either right or wrong. all us fans do is cheer or gripe, but at the end of the season, well that's what really matters. DW's choices last off season were bad, period. we had our worst season in a decade. we shall see his choices this off-season but the "high-ish" salary for stuart is a bad start and means we cna't do much given the internal cap constraints on this team.

we are not close to elite, we are a borderline playoff team at this point in time. i think fans still think we are elite but we simply aren't. so when you have a mildly disapointing salary knowing that that might be the only big move you can make, well that's disapointing. i mean we might field essentially the same team as last years disaster, minus murray + stuart. does anyone think that's going to be enough?

gonegonegone* is offline   Reply With Quote