Thread: Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Brad Stuart (3 years, $3.6 per)
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
In your opinion. Not Stuart's, clearly. I was hoping for $2.5m, doesn't make it any more realistic.
That is a straw man argument if I've ever heard one. One, you don't know whether or not he'd feel screwed at either number. Two, your number is not based on anything regarding the market and what drives prices down in the first place. You're just throwing out a number just for argument's sake. 3 mil is a legitimate number when you consider that his open market value is likely 4 million. You then take into account that he doesn't have an open market when he cuts off more than half the league because he wants to be closer to his family and this is his preferred destination. You also take into account a potential movement clause.

The second part is why I'm still withholding judgment on this as it takes a while before this becomes available, if at all, and determines whether it is a fair deal or not. 3.6 mil with a full NMC is not a fair deal. 3.6 with at least a handful of teams to trade him to at any given time would be.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote