View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I still predict Nash dont get moved no one is paying that price w that cap hit
I don't know more than you do, but I do know that there is no guarantee that what people say is true.

Ask anyone that knows the ins and outs of a negotiation, and they will tell you that in general its better to put a high opening offer on the table. And try to hang on to that as long as possible.

On the other side, you got a transaction risk that will start to grow at the end of the season when/if Nash is fed up with Columbus and holds out and as well as when suitors fill their need with other players.

Truth to be told, I honestly believes that Howson is doing a good job and will get a higher offer than he would have received at the deadline. A team like Philly could very well end up offering like Schenn and/or JVR or something like that. More often than not -- you get a big fat nothing when dealing a player like Nash.

Look at when Jagr wanted out of Pittsburg, when Joe T wanted out of Boston and when Big E wanted out of Qubeck. Marian Hossa wanted out from Atlanta.

Pittsburg got nothing for Jaromir Jagr in hindsight (Kris Beech, Michal Sivek and Ross Lupaschuk).

Boston got something, but not much that made a diffrence from a contenders point of view (Marco Sturm, Brad Stuart and Wayne Primeau (and the two last mentioned subsequently becam Andrew Ference and Chuck Kobasew)).

Atlanta got nothing and then a little less for Hossa (Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen and Angelo Esposito).

Qubeck got a ton for Lindros. But really, if Forsberg busts, in hindsight the return would have been pretty mediocre too...

Like I said, I don't know what Howson is doing. He could be crazy. But my valuation of the situation is that he is playing his cards right up to this point, and when the situation is right -- he will pull the trigger and take the "best" offer. At least if there is a acceptable offer on the table.