Thread: The flip clear
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 04:22 PM
uncleodb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
It's got to be the hardest thing to describe how to do...

You want the puck "stuck" to the blade, like you were scooping it. Seems easier on the curved part (mid/toe) rather than the flat part (like the heel). I usually "chip" at it as well, digging into the ice and then rotating the wrists.

Pretend like you're starting a car. See how the wrist rotates with the forearm muscle? That's the kind of motion I'm talking about with the wrists. Put the blade up against the puck and do that motion to "scoop" it up in the air.

Hit a guy with one of these again Sunday. Flipped from the D zone past everyone and right in front of him as he was streaking out all alone. Then he missed on the deke so no point for me.
Wow, that's a pretty detailed explanation. I'll keep practicing it and give your technique a try. I'm assuming your motion is quick when you say that you "chip"/"dig" into the ice? That means your wrist rotation is pretty fast too? I was trying it like dragging the puck along as if I was going to do a wrister, but then rotate my wrist to try to lift the puck up in the air. Yeah, definitely hard to explain and do. Thanks for the tips.

uncleodb is offline   Reply With Quote