Thread: Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Brad Stuart (3 years, $3.6 per)
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 05:44 PM
gonegonegone*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Signing Suter is irrelevant. They'll simply trade Boyle if that comes to pass, not an issue.

Plus they very ewll may trade Clowe, Niemi, Pavelski, Murray, etc. We have more cap space than we need. I'm not really concerned about that in the slightest.
this isn't true at all. we trade clowe, niemi, we need to sign someone to replace them. that's even assuming the cap stays at 70 million and we spend to the cap, neither of which i would even call extremely likely. new cba could lower the cap to 65 mil and that might be our internal cap anyway (we didn't spend to cap last season).

assuming we unload murray for picks,we still need to resign bruan (RFA), a 7th dman, re-up winnik i guess, resign galiardi, desjardins, and fill out 4 other slots. if we trade away pavs or clowe, then we have to find a top 6 for the roughly the same price (HIGHLY unlikely) or we are in even worse cap hell. if the cap gets lowered to or if our internal cap is 65, then we are in horrible horrible shape. unless you consider trading clowe or neimi for picks as being a good thing.

gonegonegone* is offline   Reply With Quote