View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 06:47 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I hold no delusions. MPS can, and probably will be a great winger with his size and tool kit. But as of right now, he is a project to us. We've picked up Kassian (at the expense of our top prospect), and we also have Jensen in the system. Are they the same player? No, but similar in terms of what they can bring.

Schneider is something Edmonton doesn't have. Dubnyk isn't bad by any stretch, but I feel the difference between Jensen/Kassian vs. MPS is less then Dubnyk to Schneider. MPS is not a bad piece to have, but if we're trading Schneider...it's a "win and win now" kind of deal for us. Luongo is the better goalie now, and by keeping him at the expense of a younger, potentially better goalie, we're not concerning ourselves with the future.

As for Lapierre, Raymond and Kassian...I'd say Kassian is the only one that MPS would make a definite impact if he subbed in for. Raymond's defensive game is sound, and his speed still creates chances, it's not apples to apples. Lapierre is the only weapon on our bottom line with our current line up, and his defensive and agitating game is something our former aggressors (Kes and Burr) don't do as often.

I wouldn't object to MPS in the trade, but there had better be a reasonable + attached to him, as i don't see Schneider for MPS as being a good core for a trade.
No MPS would have to be the + in any trade involving Schneider but the odd's of that trade are about as good as the odd's for Y2K were.

My name is Legion is offline   Reply With Quote