View Single Post
Old
11-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwunderlich
not that i advocate gooning it up, but part of me wished every bruin on the ice at the time of the boynton and hartnell matching minors dropped the gloves and pounded the preds. rather than complain to the media in the locker room (and look like winers), make a statement ON the ice that were sick and tired and we will pound you into the ice - suggest to the powers that be that the officials lost control of the game.
The problem with that is the game was 2-1 at that point, and the B's couldn't afford another penalty.

It's easy to say in hindsight now that the game is in the books that they should've pounded on the Predators, but in a one-goal match with less than 5 minutes on the clock, it wouldn't be the right move.

I agree with Cam Neely- the effort was there. It's a shame that the B's came out on the losing end, but give Vokoun credit. He made some great saves to keep the B's out of the net in the 2nd and 3rd periods. It's very, very difficult to make a one-goal lead standup, and he did it. This makes the loss to St. Louis that much harder to swallow because Felix Potvin couldn't.

Big game against Phoenix on Sunday night to get back on track.