View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

vCash: 500
@Drunk - I believe it's because Canadian Major Junior hockey is not considered a pro entity, except by the NCAA. A similar situation happened with Dallas prospect Ondrej Roman and his agent (Patrik Stefan, no less) said that he may have to spend a year over in Europe. Which he did.

@HasAnyoneEverToldYou,YouLookExactlyLikeAlPacino - It was June 15, 2012. Whether that's been further extended, I don't know yet. I'll try to touch base with him early next week if possible. Generally speaking, he said, there's something of a moratorium on signing prospects from June 1 - June 30. And said that if he's going to play pro this year in North America, he needs to sign by this deadline (the aforementioned 6/15/12).

- Both the Wings and his agent don't feel that returning to Saint John as an overager will do him any good (I agree, I'm sure you guys do as well, he's passed junior hockey now) - probably not an option.

- I asked his agent if there's a chance he gets "stuck" in Europe this coming season, he basically said that he didn't think so, but didn't rule it out (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...g-post-seasons).

Mike Farkas is online now   Reply With Quote