Old
06-21-2012, 08:52 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey View Post
Just wait until the regular season when most of the home games will most likely be blacked out

This because the home stadium has to be 90% or so? sold out for an automatic blackout lift,
or left at the discretion of the BC Lions, which they usually don't

There's no way the Lions will be able to sell 40-45,000 tickets for the regular home games to lift the BO

The other option is for them to close off the upper level of BC Place, like they did pre-renovation,
reducing sellout to 30,000 or so, like what the Whitecaps are doing

Otherwise, say hello to blackouts or get TSN HD
I have TSN HD, so no problems there. It just seems extra dumb that after showing pretty much every single other exhibition game over the last couple of weeks, the Lions game gets undercut by a re-airing of a Euro 2012 game from earlier today.

that said, the blackout setup is still dumb. Obviously lifting it won't come with the same insane fanfare that happened with the Blackhawks after Bill Wirtz died, but I honestly can't say that I've ever thought "damn, the game's blacked out. I'd better go instead." My decision to go to a game is entirely independent of whether or not it's on TV.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
13-14 Sharks CI Feed Tracker: 82 GP |29-39-14 (SJ-Opponent-Van/Nat'l)
www.bluejayshipsters.com We liked the Blue Jays before it was cool.
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.