View Single Post
Old
04-08-2006, 02:22 AM
PoutinePourMoi

vCash: 500
Hey guys, before I go on my Pro-Whale rant, I want to congratulate you on making the playoffs. I really expected the Rangers and Bruins to have switched places this season, but hey, you guys kicked *** and took names the whole times. Cheers.

But now to the Whale. I have been following this for a while, and have talked to people in the Hartford Whalers Booster Club, as well as listening closely to articles, and writing some of my own for the CCSU Recorder (my school paper). They brought the Whale question back to life in the fall. It has gained ALOT of steam up here. An NHL team is exactly what the city needs. It is so close to exploding, it has improved so much in the past 10 years, a new team would be the icing on the cake. We have the support, no doubt. Walking around campus (I am 10 minutes from Hartford) I see at least 5 kids wearing Whalers stuff every day. It is great to see. I read the article, and yes it was info I already knew, but the fact that they went public across the US and Canada with this news is a huge plus. I really think the ball is rolling and something is happening.

The HWBC representatives came to my school last Wednesday to do a program, and the president said that he expects NHL hockey in Hartford in less than 5 years. I think we are gonna get it even sooner than that.

Honestly, for anyone worried about losing their fanbase, the Bruins and Rangers are fine. It really is too far and too expensive to travel up to Boston or down to New York all the time to see games. It will be nice to go to Hartford to see the Whale again. It will also be great to see rivalries games with the Rangers and Bruins and Isles back here again.

We have a better chance to bring back the Whale than Quebec or Winnipeg does. One positive thing for them (I liked the Nordiques as a kid, and follow the Bruins and Avs now), is that people from both Quebec and Winnipeg told me that they know they have a shot at a team once we get ours.

Lets hope Larry gets ours.