Thread: Proposal: Edm-Chi
View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 10:47 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Wait, so Kane, a 23 year old superstar, who in one 58 game season in the OHL, almost scored as much as Yak, if that is whom the Oilers take, in two seasons which consisted of 107 games, and Yak is a better prospect then Kane?

I really hope that isnt what you are saying, nah, I know that isnt. You are happy that the Oilers are drafting yet another highly rated prospect who's ceiling will hopefully be what Patrick Kane is now, a superstar. And Yak surely could become that....one day, while Kane already has reached that plateau and has more upside then what he is now considering he isnt even in his prime.

I mean, Hall is a fine player, so is Nuge, but the best player on the Oilers is Eberle. Now there is nothing in my being that wants the Hawks to trade Kane for the first, none what so ever. I, imo, dont think the Hawks would be better with Yak then with Kane, and I dislike Kane with a passion. But, to think a prospect is better then a proven commodity, which, Kane is, and a player, no matter what his size, is a truly gifted play maker who would, now, this is the big thing, make the Oilers better now and in the long run considering his truly high skill level at play making more so, imo, again, then Yak. But thats just me.

The under rating of Patrick Kane knows no bounds, especially when people actually think, outside of the ECL contract, Yak would be a better fit.

Like I said, the Oilers GM would say yes then pull the phone cord out the wall or drop his cell in a vat of bubbling grease if Bowman actually offered.
You have a glorious imagination.

the oilers also are about character. we are done trying to get guys who are douches with talent/

This isnt a kid that made a mistake, this is a moron and child of daycare-ish proportions. We dont want to hire babysitters. most of our guys were busy training with Gary Roberts while Kane was causing his usual mess.

I never liked him... i could tell he was a child from the draft.

The Oilers will gladly engage in talks about david bolland though.

Last edited by oilinblood: 06-21-2012 at 10:55 PM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote