View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 10:48 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Yandle to Colorado makes a lot of sense. Duchene can't free agency for another 4 years. Yandle is locked up for 4 years. Both teams are trading from a position of strength.

Not sure why everybody is so pumped about the thought of him going to Ottawa. Ottawa already has Karlsson to run their powerplay. Gonchar is also still a very good powerplay option. Their is only so many power play minutes to spread around and none of Karlsson, Gonchar or Yandle see the penalty kill (well at least a very minimal amount and rightly so). Ottawa is better off upgrading their top 6 or aiming for a lesser dman cause Yandle will cost a lot of assets.
Gonchar is absolutely not a good PP option anymore. The guy completely lost his ability to miss the first shot-blocker this season. It was kinda embarrassing to watch really. (I'd actually argue he was better on the pk than the PP this season) We need someone to play with Karlsson on the 1st PP. We need someone to partner Karlsson on the #1 pairing.

We have tons of depth at the forward position to trade, either bottom-six roster players, or potential top-6 prospects.

I would absolutely take the guys we're offering for Nash and throw them at a Yandle trade instead.