View Single Post
Old
06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
BrankoRadivojevic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
Man, I ****ing wish I would think that the B's would at least need to add their 1st from this draft so that Phoenix can hopefully get one of Koekkoek/Finn/Sjkei etc to help their defensive organizational depth. I could see adding Boychuk maybe.

It may not be exactly fair, but Whitney isn't guaranteed to resign with the Coyotes so that piece of the trade doesn't make it overwhelmingly lopsided. I honestly think the B's need a big winger more and are fine on defense, so if they're moving DK I think we'd need a winger back.
I can see where you're coming from, but I think this adresses needs that both teams have had for a while. Krejci is the playmaking the coyotes have always wanted, and Yandle is the puck-moving offensive defenseman the Bruins have always wanted.

As stated earlier in this thread, the coyotes have a good group of puck-moving defensemen coming up through the pipeline (Gormley, Rundblad, OEL), but not a lot of good core centers. Bruins have the exact opposite situation, with good centers (Knight, Spooner, Seguin) and no puck-moving defensemen.

While I do think Yandle has a little more value than krejci, I thnik a 3rd rounder is little too much, while a 5th is too little (Bruins don't have a 4th). Ray Whitney's (who is a UFA on July 1) would even out the deal nicely.

btw, whitney would fit in just fine on the second line next to Bergeron and Marchand. It would be like Recchi never left.