View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 12:33 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
There are two things I hate about the Heat winning:

1) this validates LeBron's ego. The biggest problem I've had with him is that he behaves with the emotional maturity of a whiny emo teenager when people dislike him. He gets called out for not winning last year and out comes the "I'm still me, you have to wake up and go back to your lives" comment. People question his toughness and his willingness to win and whatnot and he bawwwwls and cries about all the "haters" (detest that word and all its done to convince people that nobody can ever be mad at you/dislike you for a reason). Makes his stupid, arrogant "not 6, not 7, not 8" championships speech when he joins the Heat and wonders why people laugh when they lose the finals.

He has absolutely no sense of how he projects in the real world, which is exceptionally stupid when he seems to care so much about said projection. I just wanted him to keep getting a few pegs knocked out until he finally understood the reason. Now he's just going to wave his ring in everyone's faces and go "nah nah, I was right. suck it."

2) This is going to push the "big 3" model even farther. It's a potential death knell for every market that's not LA, New York, Miami, or Boston. Yeah, OKC has its core now, but that won't last much longer as contracts start running out. Every team that's not those markets is going to have to pray for hte OKC model though: that they can snag a generational talent (Durant), and 3 or 4 complementary elite pieces (Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka) and then pray they can shoot up the charts and capture a title before the inevitable dismantling.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.