View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 03:15 AM
Kiddington

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower View Post
Lets not get carried away here.
Has Prust taken over for Aaron Asham as the habitual, plug, free agent, saviour amongst Wings fans?

He would be a useful 4th line add, at the right price. Maybe 1.2M ish.
Prust's footspeed leaves a lot to be desired... he's not as quick as Abdelkader.
Eh.

For the right price, he'd add an element of much-needed meanness to the bottom 6 that this team has lacked for years. I don't see how that's a bad thing. I mean, it's not like we're advocating George Parros or Jody Shelley or some other totally useless meathead with cinder block feet (well, maybe some people are, but don't actually take them seriously). He can play. He's not going to score you 20 goals or anything, but hell, the guy had more points than Emmerton last year, and he actually provides something useful beyond eating minutes.

With Gator due for that rumored $2m+ raise (ugh, just UGH), they probably won't have room for him anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it. If they actually sign a bottom 6 guy this summer, it'll be someone who's cheap as dirt, and just happy to have a job next season. At this point, my money's on Jeff Halpern, if he still wants to play. Fits the bill; a cheap vet who's decent on draws? I could see this happening.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote