Thread: Proposal: Pittsburgh/Carolina/Anaheim
View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 04:13 AM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
I can't speak for the organization, but as a fan, I would rather JR move similar assets for Ryan as opposed to Staal, if the opportunity presented itself. A natural, legit top-line winger with a RHS and a great contract fills Carolina's needs better than a good to potentially great two-way 2C that's inline for a monster contract extension. I think the plan is for both Staals to play on the same line, if the Canes do happen to acquire Jordan, but I question how well it will work out with one not playing his natural position. Plus, the possibility of getting Jordan for free or a pick next summer exists.

For the sake of conversation, what would the Ducks want from the Canes to make a Ryan trade happen? I offered up Sutter, McBain, 2013 1st and 2012 2nd for Ryan when he was speculated/rumored to be on the block last year. That desk-chair GM offer still stands.
I'm not going to try to haggle a price, but from the sound of things, our owners will only approve Ryan's trade if it's a knock out offer. With that said, who knows what they think a knock out offer is, but I think Carolina is in a better position to give us that than Pittsburgh is.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote