Thread: Proposal: Hawks - Jets Blockbuster
View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

vCash: 500
Hawks - Jets Blockbuster

First off I will say I am not a fan of either team but thought it would cool to see this if this type od trade could go down in the sense that Jets could get the Hometown boy Toews, which would be awesome and perect Winnipeg.

acquire
- Alexander Burmistrov
- Ondrej Pavelec
- Tobias Enstrom
- 1st in 2012

in return get
- Jonathan Toews
- Nick Leddy

Why Hawks make this trade? Well, since they have converted Kane back to C position and are in a dire need of legit #1 Goal-tender, they go out and get exactly that from the Jets as the main piece coming back who I easily can be signed by the along with a very solid young and upcoming C in Burmistrov( who in my opinion is a lower version of Toews), a top-pairing D-man to shore up the 2nd pairing and build up a possible top d-core if Suter indeed signs here and they also receive a high top pick to strengthen the future.

Why Jets do this? Since it no secret that negotiations with Pavelec is not looking sharp, Jets get a player who they could easily count on to help solve out multiple of their problems and a true franchise #1 C that they are sorely lacking, toews would be a perfect player for the Jets, great two-way play, captain material, home-town-born, a force on every situation on and off the ice. There would not be a better fit for the Jets then Toews, IMO. they also get a potential top-pairing and great complement tp Bogosian in Leddy.

Discuss.