Thread: GDT: 2012 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Guerzy
Serenity

vCash: 50
So if Grigorenko is still available when we draft at no. 9, how many would want him?

Me personally? even at 9 overall, may be worth a shot. Talented kid, gotta give him a lot of credit for coming over and playing in Canada. He has his critics, and he may not pan out, but if he does... he could be a gem. However, at the end of the day I do not see management making Grigorenko their selection.

Lawless believes it's either Faksa or Ceci. I mentioned Ceci a couple weeks ago, and I honestly think he would be a very good pick at no. 9. People see his numbers and think he's simply an offensive defenseman, when in truth he has a pretty solid all-around game. I would be very happy with Cody Ceci, very happy. I am of the opinion that Ceci is one of the more advanced and ready prospects in the draft, and I think his game is more all-around than many other defenceman at this current stage.

As for Faksa, I'd be thrilled with him. I just don't know if he's going to get by Carolina t the no. 8 spot. They love their Kitchener Rangers as they've selected them in the last 2 drafts - Skinner (2010) and Murphy (2011).

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote