View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Sam I Am

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
How i see today playing out arranged in order of likeliness

Scenario 1 (the most likely still). EDM takes yakupov CBJ takes Murray and are delighted Montreal takes Galchenyuk, everyone walks away happy, Based on aaron portzline, and the comments about Murray.

Scenario 2. EDM takes murray Cbj takes yakupov Montreal takes galchenyuk, This also opens the door for a Nash trade to take place

Scenario 3. EDM takes Murray, CBJ skips over Yakupov and instead grabs galchenyuk, Montreal takes Yakupov and are happy as a pig in **** as he slots in perfectly with plekanec and gionta next year.

Scenario 4. EDM takes Yak CBJ takes galy, (id be furious about this but then you'll likely see some movement from Montreal down to five or 6 to grab Teravainen.)

Needless to say today has been nothing but mayhem
Good summary.

2 things: First of all, Nash will be traded no matter how the draft goes down. And the Jackets are not compelled to replace him with a draft player...they will be taking back plenty of interesting assets in whatever deal for Nash deal they settle on.

I agree that Scenario 4 is the most complex and disappointing from the Habs' point of view. But management has contemplated this possibility and has certainly settled on a player to choose out of the 3rd spot if Yakupov and Gally are gone. Forsberg? TT? Murray? Maybe even Dumba , Reinhart or Rielly?

That they explore the option of trading down does not mean they will find a deal they like better that the player they have in mind.