View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 08:23 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
This is true, but it all depends on how high Timmins and company is on Murray, the top ranked d-man in the draft.

If they view him as our future #1 D-man beside Subban, who will log 25-30min a game who will rarely make mistakes, run the PP, etc... it may be hard to pass on him if he's available at #3. Defense is sooo important and Markov's career is pretty much done.

We need offense yes, but defense is more important ultimately. Pens and Flyers lost, largely because they lacked strong defensive depth. Not even Malkin and Crosby could have saved the horrible D the Pens had in their 1st round series.

We could draft a stud D at #3 and then draft forwards with our 2nd round picks and still get quality offensive threats.

It just all depends on how high they are on Murray vs Galchenyuk vs Forsberg, etc.
Murray isnt running anybodies top PP Unit. If he is, they are likely a bottom of the league PP.

And, once supper is finished. Its Jager Bombs all night for me. I need something to calm my nerves and soften the blow if we do something stupid, as we usually do. Havent been happy in the 1st round by the Habs other than last year with Beaulieu falling to us and in 2007 when the Habs nabbed both my guys, McDonagh and Pacioretty.