View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
Some people prefer different things. For me when it comes to defensemen, its about how many minutes they can eat against top opposition. If Trouba can develop into a defenseman that regular eats top 2 minutes of EV, PK and maybe top 4 in PP, I would be VERY happy.

If he does all that, but only scores 30 pts, I would be still VERY happy.
But can he do anything other than eat up minutes against top players? Can he move the puck quickly out of trouble? Can he occasionally skate it up? Can he turn the puck from defense to offense?

One thing this team has had a lot of trouble with is getting stuck in its own end because they can't move the puck up. They can have great defensemen who clear the crease and block shots, but if the other team can set up and cycle for 30-60 seconds even strength several times a game, you're playing with fire.

With Trouba, I just worry he's going to become another Nick Schultz type player who, yeah, plays some big minutes and defends against the rush and has strong position. But then what does he do when gets the puck? Chip it off the glass? Try and get it to a D partner (Brodin?) who can make a better pass?

Maybe he'd be an excellent #2 to Brodin's #1. I dunno, I'm not a scout. I'm just not drooling over this guy at #7.