View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Big Russian kid (6'3, 205 pounds) who scored 36 points in 50 games (23 of the points were goals). Excellent skater and not afraid to work the dirty areas. Left Russian and played in the USHL before joining the Bulls. Plays on an Olympic sized ice surface in Belleville, so you know he can really move. Needs a little work defensively, but is expected to play on one of the top two lines in Belleville this up coming year, so his numbers should really improve.

I've watched a lot of video on Zharkov and really like his game. The fact that he played on the third and fourth lines in Belleville and put up as good of numbers as he has is a testament to the talent he has. Burnett also wanted to bring him along a bit slower simply because Zharkov couldn't speak English so well and he wanted him to get used to the environment around him. If the team gives him two years in the OHL and a year in the AHL, he should be ready to play in the NHL. Upside is a second line winger with 30 to 35 goal capability. The "downside" is that Zharkov is a 3rd line winger with 15 to 20 goal capability.
Ahh thank you for the info. Sounds promising. All the reports I saw just basically gave me a vague description of the same old same old. Prolific scorer if he puts it all together blah blah blah.

Always is nice to get a detailed report on him. Thanks

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote