View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 01:33 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I mean either he has it or he doesn't. He doesn't just disappear for the playoffs he disappears for the end of the season in general. Don't get me wrong, put him on a line with Kreider and I think we'll have instant chemistry, but I don't think he can be considered an untouchable. He's not a 1st line center and it doesn't look like he'll ever be able to develop into one.

There's a difference between untouchable and not wanting to trade. I don't want to trade Stepan but I don't think he should hold up a deal for someone who will keep an opponents defense at bay during the playoffs either.
What do you mean he either "has it or he doesn't". Since when does a 22 year old have to have it all put together? Is he done learning? Getting stronger? I don't understand this logic and this isn't just directed at you KJ.

I swear, this generation who had video games and has been spoiled with some players making the NHL at a very young age don't understand the normal development path for a human athlete.

Derek Stepan had 51 points as a sophomore and 22 year old. 51. A normal 1st line center has around 60. 22 years old. 51 points. 60 points to be a 1st line center. Players hit their prime around 27.

People fail to realize that being a 1st line center =/= to Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin. Those players are superstars. Comparing all top-line forwards and defensemen to superstars is getting old.