View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 01:36 PM
youthoftoday

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Warped tour was never age restricted. I went when I was like 14 or 15. It's just sad to see such an awesome thing turn into crap. I get they are trying to make money and there is nothing wrong with that, it's just a bummer to see something that used to be so great now become something for middle school girls. I remember drinking beers with homeless guys in Camden when I was a sophomore in high school, then getting punched in the face in the pit for Bad Religion. THAT was Warped Tour. Now there is a parent's tent and a secure dropoff point! Come on!!! Hence, the song I posted. Epitomizes my exact feelings.
The first Warped tour in 95 was the best- Quicksand, CIV, Sick of It All, Shelter, Orange 9mm, L7, Seaweed, No Use for a Name. I think I went to the first 3 or 4 of them before losing interest. I think Rancid played the last one i was at.
I'm sure there were bands I liked that played the following years, but the whole idea of it just got lame. Maybe it was me just getting older and not wanting to spend the day in the heat to see maybe 1 or 2 bands out of 30. Plus, the whole thing became way too corporate for being a "punk" fest. The prices were ridiculous. It was like 100 degrees in the FU parking lot and they were charging like 5 bucks for a water and this was 12+ years ago. I'm sure today that same water is closer to $10.

youthoftoday is offline   Reply With Quote