Thread: Tidbits: Fire Chuck (Not really)
View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 03:07 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Powe trade wasn't great. Seemed like a bad move at the time, doesn't seem to have made a difference today.
That's a pretty unjustifiable statement. Traded a (2 years in the future) 3rd round pick for a quality 4th liner who is actually an NHL player. There's really no way to say that's a mistake. Of course it hasn't "made a difference." He's a 4th liner. They're not supposed to be difference makers. He turned an almost value-less asset into an NHL player, which is exactly what your post demanded of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I'm not saying he's a bad GM.

Let me say that again.

I'm not saying he's a bad GM.

I am saying he hasn't shown anything at the NHL level. A meaningful improvement in the on-ice product.

One of two things has happened:

1. He tried to improve the team and failed to do so. That is what he stated, from the beginning, that he wanted to make the playoffs, not in the future, but now. So if that was truly his intention, he has done a pretty piss poor job.

2. He tried to improve the prospect base at the expense of the team and did not disclose that information to the fan base. I think this is what actually happened, especially after year one. I think he can't come out and say it because the fans will revolt. But the Burns trade definitely made the team worse short-term to improve it long-term.

Still, if that's the case, he has yet to make the Wild a competitive, playoff hockey team. And until he does that, at best his grade is "incomplete", and at worst a D or F. Prospects are worthless if they don't improve the NHL club (yes I know it takes time to judge them and pan out, which is why I haven't called for his head ever).
I don't think anyone accused you of this. I certainly didn't. What you did say is that he hasn't made trades to improve the team. I provided you with three examples where that's exactly what he did. Unless you have some sort of reason why those trades made the team worse, that means that your statement was false. There's no reading between the lines here, just what's there at face value.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote