View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 03:17 PM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
Wilson in SJ has hoodwinked every GM when acquiring a superstar. Thornton, Heatley, Havlat.

He's gonna through some spare parts together mix it with a 2nd round pick and get his man leaving a fanbase wonder wth happened.

Dont trade him to Ottawa, I personally dont want Nash for the price mentioned above because I like my team, but if your GM is talking to SJ I'd be worried...
Yeah, except, at the end of the day, he had Thornton, Heatley and Havlat on the team and they weren't any better for it. Michalek was a better player than Heatley last year. It may not have happened overnight, but you ended up with the better end of the deal. Havlat had another one of his injury shortened seasons. And, Thornton is still a soul-less SOB.

I don't hate Nash, but it'll be the same story with him. Wilson will get his man and the Sharks will still exit in the early rounds because Nash is not going to be the guy. Just isn't who he is and I'm not convinced the cast surrounding him will make up for that.

I'll be happy with Pavelski plus. Hopefully our GM can close that kind of a deal and sooner than later. The one thing in our favor with the Sharks--they won't be getting Bobby Ryan from Anaheim.