View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
I don't have a problem with them moving Orpik. I thought his play started a gradual decline in the 2010-11 season and last year was his worst since his early years. At least one of the Martin/Michalek/Orpik trio should be moved this off-season and if Shero can a good deal he should swing it. Orpik is a solid second-pairing d-man at this point and has solid value due to a decent contract that won't drag into his steep decline phase.

I don't understand the uproar among Pens fans concerning the team's defense/goaltending situation when potential subtractions are brought up. It's always "Orpik is super physical and Shero cannot dare to move him", "Martin just have an off year and would be great in another system, he's not just a cap dump", "Z just had a bad year, etc," "Fleury needs better defense in front of him" and so on and so forth. This defensive core and goalie just had one of the worst playoff series of all time, there should be no untouchables on d besides Letang. The coaching staff can't be blamed for all of the mistakes.
Excellent post.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote