View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
I would like to think that throwing out Yandle possibly to the Rangers is just a smokescreen to get the price lower from another team. Adding him makes no sense, if they do, they had better be something else involved. He had a bad year, and I don't like the cap hit. If they bring in Yandle to trade Staal (in a different deal), that would be a big mistake, as it would weaken the NYR defensive end of the ice.

There are very few players I'd trade Staal for (only Stamkos, Malkin, a healthy Crosby, top 2-3 pick in the draft to select a top high end forward; and not much if anything else, and those deals are not happening), and Ryan and Nash are not among them. I'd send MDZ to, say, Edmonton, (or to any team needing an offensive defenceman), and they have some good young forwards and early draft picks. Tampa would be a good destination also.

If Dubinsky is dealt (it's just about a forgone conclusion he will be at some point this offseason); I wish him the best, he was a great Ranger, hopefully they can add something that helps the team by dealing him. What would they can back from Vancouver if he's dealt there?

I'd rather deal Dubinsky and MDZ for younger assets, both for keeping or to flip down the road. When you trade for veterans, you can't completely empty the cupboard, you'll need young players down the road. Yes this team is in a win now mode, but you want to be a contender every year, not just go for a once in a while shot. You'll need young cheap players, especially since the next in the near future is likely to go down.
You are trading MDZ who is what? 21? 22? ... or younger assets...? This site is starting to seep into your brain ;-)