View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 04:28 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Kreider--a big guy drafted outside the top 5 looks to me like he's going to turn out just fine. Looks to me like a top 6 if not 1st line player. That's looking pretty good now.

To me your post is missing something. You seem to be arguing the skill, skill, skill should always take precedence no matter what the particular player's size or determination. I'll reference back to the playoffs--we had to grind it out against every team we faced. It's not that our team and the players on the other rosters weren't skilled at all but size, strength and determination was definitely a large factor in who won and who lost. It was a main reason why both Ottawa and Washington pushed us to our limit which factored into New Jersey finishing us off. So if the argument is DiGiuseppe is a more polished, more skilled player than Wilson--forget it--I'd rather take my chances with a guy I know who can fight a war.

This particular draft--at least from the perspective of picking No. 28--the smaller cutesy pie players who can possibly make a difference are in short supply. They more or less come down to Teravainen and Collberg. I expect they're going to be gone and I'd rather end up with a 3rd liner with grit than a maybe--maybe not guy like Frk or Pearson.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote