View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
I understand why you're questioning him. I just prefer the patient approach with 22 year olds. I think kids with sturdier builds can be more effective in the playoffs at a very young age. I often think of the kid line formed by the Oilers with Gelinas, Graves and Buchberger the year they won without Gretzky. They were effective (similar to the Devils and Kings' 4th lines this year) because they had the bodies that could be battering rams. Kids like Stepan, Seguin, Eberle - they need time to fill out and understand where they need to go and when to be successful in playoff games. Those types of kids with their style of game just take a little more time. I think body type plays a crucial role.
Patience is important and players with slight builds and finese games do take a little more time but you really can't lump Stepan in with players like Eberle ans Seguin who are both infinitely more talented than Stepan is. Seguin has already had a lot of sucess in the playoffs last year with a cup winning team.