View Single Post
Old
11-28-2003, 01:22 PM
TJF

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Sinbin
Hartnell started wearing a visor either early last year or maybe even during his rookie season after he took a stick to the eye. I guess he decided millions of dollars in career earnings was more important than not giving opposing fans something to complain about.

Do you perscribe to the Gord Kluzak theory that everyone in the league is scared of every single Bruin or is this a one time misconception? If there wasn't an instigator rule, I imagine that Hartnell would have been happy to drop the gloves with Boynton. And I bet that, if they did, it would likely be a pretty entertaining tussle because they are both semi-tough, hard-nosed guys.

LOL, no I don't prescribe to the Kluzak theory but in all honesty to me it looked like Hartnell wanted absolutly nothing to do with Boynton. When they showed the replay of it you could see that Hartnell looked back a few times to see where the refs were before he even thought about shoving back Boynton. Than when the refs do step in he starts yapping at Boynton between the linesmen and again in the box. I know this kid is good and I know he's tough as nails, I was just suprised by his actions today, it simply wasn't Hartnell type of hockey.