06-22-2012, 06:26 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
Ryan hopes to be traded to Flyers

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...ws|text|Sports

Quote:
PITTSBURGH - Bobby Ryan spent much of his Friday playing 90 holes of golf in a charity event near his summer home in Victor, Idaho, but that didn’t prevent the Cherry Hill native and Anaheim Ducks star to escape the latest round of trade rumors.

“I've gotten wind of everything,” Ryan said by phone between his fourth and fifth rounds.

Through a phone conversation a night earlier with his agent, Don Meehan, plus non-stopping texts from family and friends forwarding the latest, Ryan learned that the Flyers are among four teams involved in trade talks with the Ducks.

Frustrated with Ducks management, the 25-year-old left wing suggested he's up for a trade anywhere and that the Flyers would be his first choice.

“I heard Anaheim was a little overwhelmed with offers and they only took four seriously, but none of the teams were mentioned to me other than Philly,” Ryan said. “Everybody wants to play in your hometown, but it would be tough because a lot of expectations come when you're put into a situation like that. For me, if I'm moved, Philadelphia would be a very ideal and comfortable place for me.”