View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 07:36 PM
tyratoku

vCash: 500
I meant to go and do this but I ended up forgetting about it.

Here is my prediction on the Top-10, at least.

As of #3, I'm still going solid

Quote:
1. Edmonton - Nail Yakupov. As much help as they need on the backend and in net, they go with the BPA and go forward with one of the best young forward corps in the NHL.

2. Columbus - Ryan Murray. They need help all over, and while they need more help on the Wings rather than out back, they take Ryan Murray as BPA, who can learn from Johnson and Wisniewski and become a great top pairing defender.

3. Montreal - Alex Galchenyuk. They take BPA and the guy they need most to help their roster down the middle. They could use help on the wings as well, but Gal would help them more than someone like Forsberg or Grigs.

4. New York - Filip Forsberg. They are solid at Center and LW, but could use more help on the blue line and at RW. So, seeing no defender that sticks out to them, they take Forsberg.

5. Toronto - Mikail Grigorenko. It's a risky pick, but Burke makes it hoping it will pay off. With Kadri's less-than-stellar development, the Leafs need to go back and pick up a center of the future, and Grigs could be that guy.

6. Anaheim - Mat Dumba. It's a toss up between Rielly and Dumba, but they go for the guy who could be more reliable behind them, in order to grow and be a top pairing guy with Fowler.

7. Minnesota - Jacob Trouba. I have personal bias towards him, but I still believe he is the best pick at this position. The pipeline is solid at every position except defender and LW, and the LWs at this juncture do not stack up against Defense. He could develop into a player very similar to Niklas Kronwall in Detroit, which is something the Wild desperately need.

8. Carolina - Teuvo Teravainen. They are solid in net, on the backend, and getting by down the center and on the wings. At this point, TT is the best pick for a possible Top-6 guy, and the Canes take him and run, hoping he can be mentored by Ruutu and Jokinen going forward.

9. Winnipeg - Radek Faksa. While a winger would be better, their are no viable options at #9 and they opt for a center that can potentially go forward as being a #2 guy behind last year's Scheifele.

10. Tampa Bay - Morgan Rielly. Ecstatic that he fell down to them, they take him in hopes of igniting their future offense from the blue line. While a winger could have been better for them at this position, nothing else sticks out so they go with what they know.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote