View Single Post
Old
04-09-2006, 01:00 AM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Many posters have asked me if i got to ask Trotz, "why is Sully out on the point on the powerplay" and this was my response:

yeah...this is the one area we wanted to explore in more depth, but ran out of time......when Trotz is telling you about his reasoning for line combos and what he thinks about specific players.....you don't just interrupt and say, "hey what the **** is Sully doing out on the point on the PP"......just kidding, but you get what I mean....you kind of go with the flow when you are in that situation.

Also they were working with Yanic Perreualt out in front of the net on the PP....you could tell he is just not meant to live out there in a Holmstrom type of role.....it was interesting that as he was going off the ice after the morning skate in St. Louis, Mitch Korn asked him to come and work on some deflection drills in front of the net.....some of the other players on the bench started snickering, and Mitch told them...."hey, he is coming off an injury, and we just want him to get his hands back".....the same players just kept snickering as Korn skated off. It obviously paid off that night as Perreualt had the deflection over to Timonen for the first goal....not pretty at all.....but effective.....

BTW the king of the deflection drill is Scott Hartnell.....he put 18 of 20 deflections on net one practice.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote