View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 09:38 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
How about that Lidstrom chump, eh? Only 192 pounds. Of course he doesn't play a physical game. You'd have to bulk up to 190 pounds if you want to play like Kronwall.

Love the pick. He's an explosive player, great attitude, great leader, provides offense, and you can always teach and improve defense. Tremendous athlete. Definitely in the Brent Burns mold.
Bingo....I think many times fans get too hung up on physical dimensions. There are many great defensemen in the NHL that are under 6' tall.

Quote:
we should probably refrain from using his skin color tho, it doesn't make any damn difference what race or color he is, at the end of the day i just hope he blooms and we have a very good young defense for Suter to mentor.
I agree...I probably shouldn't have even brought it up....but it's always been a pet peeve of mine when athletes of a certain skin color always have to be compared to another athlete of a similar skin color. In basketball, white players always get compared to other white players...and, it seems in hockey, black players always get compared to other black players.

Why can't players just be compared to other players based on ability alone?

Issue dropped/

MuckOG is online now   Reply With Quote