View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 09:48 PM
rmartin65

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Don't have to go searching for a good 3C replacement, who can play good defensive hockey as well potting a few? Check.

Good cap hit? Double-check.

Prospect who projects into strong two-way D or physical D role? Check.

#8 Pick? Check.

Like what was done with the pick? Not really but don't hate it either. In the end most people who follow prospects seem like they would've been happy getting Maatta at 8 and Pouliot at 22 (as noted in the other thread), so it worked out, oddly

Do I think it was the best possible deal? Not that I conjur in my infinite HFB wisdom, but the key here is that I didn't hear the other offers and Shero did. So I'll choose to feel good about it because his integrity and no-nonsense approach is beyond questioning for stuff like that. I don't believe Shero would leave a better deal on the table just to make Staal happy. Or if it was better it was only marginally so.
Pretty much my thoughts. I like getting Sutter, the 8th, and Dumoulin really fits an organizational need.

But, I am not wild with who we chose. I am not an expert by any means, I just worry that we grabbed yet another smaller D who was described as "shy". I love the Maatta pick though, so all things considered, today was a good day. Hopefully we can grab a scoring winger prospect or two tomorrow.

rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote