View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 10:10 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I've watched three or four Memorial Cup games today, and am all caught up other the game that was actually played today.

Man oh man does Henrik Samuelsson look like a fantastic prospect.

I went in wanting to not like him. Conceptually, I didn't like the idea of this player. I didn't like his "on paper" much. In spite of that, I ****ing love this prospect. Poor man's Gabriel Landeskog.

Great board work, great in front of the net, meaner than ****, always involved after the whistles, throws his weight around, surprisingly effective skater, great puck protection, is always putting the puck toward the front of the net, great reflexes, good reaction times, good vision, quick shot, heavy shot, he's just a ****ing horse. A horse.

This is one player for which I'll be grateful for our penchant for nepotism.

I'm sure Rick Nickel and Don Maloney are watching.
Quote:
Oh yeah, and pretty good on face offs. And a RHS.
Quote:
My preferences on guys who could actually fall are...

1. Hertl
2. Samuelsson

After that, it gets tough. Aberg, Kerdiles, Bozon, Laughton, Frk, Sissons, who knows?

I like Hertl and Samuelsson because they are big, rough, skilled, heady, two way centers. First liners in the NHL? I doubt it. NHL players? I'd bet on it. At 27th, isn't that the best you can hope for?

For Hertl I see a Martin Hanzal and Tomas Plekanec hybrid, but a slightly lesser version of what that would be.

For Samuelsson, maybe a Johan Franzen mixed with Troy Brouwer but can play center.
Quote:
Samuelsson gets around the ice a whole helluva lot better than Boone.
Heres some older posts I made in this thread.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote