View Single Post
Old
06-22-2012, 11:04 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I had him slotted just outside of the first round. The thing about him is that the package is very enticing with the size and skating, but the other tools like positioning, offense and tenacity are a little underwhelming. That's not to say they're bad or missing, just that they don't jump out at you. He should improve in those areas, and he certainly has tons of character.
Hahahaha. Let me clarify: all the mocks that had their own URLs.

I hear you - by the same token, you're never going to get a "complete" player at 28. And the hardest things to teach are size and skating. A young player in particular can develop offense and learn better positioning with proper coaching. (Physicality may be more difficult - seems to me that's something players either take to naturally or they don't.)

As I mentioned a while back, I haven't really followed this draft, so I don't have a dog in this fight. I just wanted to stay away from the guys who projected to be third line grinders (Matteau in particular) and goalies in the first round. Would've preferred a forward, but I've learned to trust Gordie and Gorton and I like what I read about this kid.

Now, I'm very curious to see what happens with our next three picks tomorrow and any potential trades over the next several days (and, oh yeah, where Schultz signs).

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote