View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 02:16 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
There will never be a perfect comparison to us.

I agree with the original post. Shero is such much more proactive as a GM-- and the right kind of proactive. He gave Staal his best offer. He refused; he traded him while he still has a ton a value knowing that he was likely going to lose him for nothing in a year. Got a ton in return which will ensure Pittsburgh stays a contender for even longer.

Not a great return for Michalek, but he's obviously clearing space. He got Michalek for free anyway.

Two good defenseman traded today in Michalek & Vish. Cost way less than what we pay for for short term rentals.

Riberio would have also been the best center to ever play for us (sans injured Forsberg).

Poile, THIS IS TIME TO IMPROVE YOUR TEAM; enough with these shot-in-the-dark deadline rentals that have minimal time to gel with the team and cost a fortune!
I agree with most of your post. But if you are suggesting we should have traded Weber or Suter last offseason then I highly disagree, and most other people do too (not just Preds fans). Making your team considerably weaker before a Cup run, just because you are scared he will walk away, is absolutely the wrong move. The goal of hockey is to win games, not maximize assets.

Pittsburgh is just as good without Staal. They could afford to move him. If we had an immediate replacement for Suter, then sure trade him.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote