Thread: Proposal: Hawks - Jets Blockbuster
View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 04:15 AM
blueandgoldguy

vCash: 500
As stated by another poster, that trade leaves to many trades on the Jets' roster, but I don't think the Hawks do it anyways.

IT sould get quite interesting a couple years from now though...

Hawks are tied into several long-term contracts with Sharp, Hossa and Seabrook.

They need to sign Hjalmarsson and Bolland to new contracts in 2 years..probably with substantial raises.

Patrick kane will also be due a substantial raise in 3 years once he becomes a free agent..

The team desparately needs a second-line center and depth on their bottom 6..

Even without much depth past their top 2 lines, Chicago is a near-cap over the next several seasons..giving out $4 million per season to the likes of Johnny Oduya certainly doesn't help their situation.

I could see the Hawks being outbid by another team (like the Jets) for Toews' services in 3 seasons due to certain financial constraints they have placed upon themselves with some of their contracts. Maybe the GM will decide to pursue depth, with a greater emphasis from the second-line on down with smaller contracts, rather than spend over 8 million per season on one player.

Remember when your best player left in 1972 Hawks fans? I'm sure most of you thought it could never happen then (for those who are old enough to remember that of course). Just as I'm sure most, if not all of you, think your current best player will not leave the city once his contract expires in 3 seasons. However, history sometimes has a way of repeating itself.

Last edited by blueandgoldguy: 06-23-2012 at 04:17 AM. Reason: grammar