View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 04:53 AM
Above and Beyond

vCash: 500
I guess I would fall into the "nay" category. Semin has tremendous skill, no denying that, but his heart is questionable. He put up modest numbers for a sniper the past two seasons (b2b 54 pts. seasons), he's rather injury prone, and has developed a reputation as a mediocre teammate (he's been called out a couple times in the past season). He definitely doesn't do the things it takes to win, his game isn't complete enough to keep Torts happy. Forget about this guy playing defense, blocking shots, and throwing hits. And if you're paying a player like Semin to score, he has to be free to do it... trying to pound a square peg into a round hole? Stupid.

Oh, and he disappeared in the playoffs (4 pts. in 14 games). And some people were complaining about Gaborik! (not myself)

Semin is a "plan D" in my books. No doubt he'd look good along side Richards for stretches at a time. He'd help the PP. A short term contract, don't care about the dollar amount, but no longer than 2 seasons... if at all. I'd prefer the Rangers to target a scorer better suited for the system, via trade if the UFA route isn't possible.

Above and Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote