View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 05:01 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
Nick D'Agostino continues to be underrated and says hello. Pens will definitely want to sign him after he finishes school. He's looking legit.

Or have his rights be traded. You don't want him pulling a Justin Schultz after he leaves school, if he thinks he doesn't have a chance here, although that loop-hole wll likely be closed.

I watched every single LDN playoff game and several during the regular season. I will give a detailed scouting report on Maatta soon. For now, however, I will say Jacob is right about the Despres comparision in a few ways:

This guy can really skate. Also, he (like Despres in his draft year) makes some very questionable decisions. This guy is a giveaway machine at times, so there has to be some major concern there. But the upside/skillset is tremendous. Is a bit of a boom or bust kind of player: will definitely play, but may not be anything more than a 3rd pairing guy; could also a clear-cut #2 or 3. I think they took the chance on him purely because of the Harrington connection and the Hunters' track record. Will be interesting to see in the future.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote