View Single Post
06-23-2012, 06:22 AM
HFBoards Sponsor
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
2nded... I really like Dansk.

What do you think about Maatta's flaws? IMO they are correctable and a cleaner pro game will really help him out. I made a Kenny Jonsson comparison because his passing gets him out of trouble... even though he forces some plays right now.
No way, Jonsson was like Lidstrom-lite. Brilliant hockey sense and silky smooth. Maatta has you thinking that way one minute, and then he'll make a blatantly obvious turnover. It's just that his passes so often get picked off, and he makes some predictably bad plays, so he's a bit of a high-risk player in that regard. Think 'Geno' when he's not focused and making dumb plays.

If Maatta can become more steady and make better, instinctual decisions and better reads on the ice, then we have a gem. It's just a matter of whether these things will come with developing good habbits with practice, or if he is just going to be a guy who always has those brain farts.

Again, given how highly he was thought of by some or in some areas of his game, there is a clear reason why he fell and why he wasn't very high on some people's lists (i.e. Button's, other teams picking before us). He was a very fair gamble at #22, but I would have been very unhappy with him at #8.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote