View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 07:31 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
I'm not ready to write of Teddy yet either, but, to this day, it stings knowing we took him when Carlson was still on the board. A plethora of people on each respective board on this site enjoy playing arm chair scout, but our board basically melted down when Tedenby was called Carlson was there, he had the Jersey ties and we needed mobile PMDs...
Well, believe me, Ranger fans know the feeling of leaving someone good on the board. One of those players being your beloved Parise.

Quote:
Surprisingly, even considering his size, Tedenby is pretty strong along the boards. He'll take his licks, but he does a good job of protecting the puck and drawing penalties down low. Like I previously stated, his lower body and puck strength have to improve, but I think this was to be expected when we drafted him. It was a boom/bust pick. He certainly has the hands/speed, but if he doesn't put it together he'll be rotting in Albany for quite some time..
Collberg does a much better job of consistently putting himself in the slot when he doesn't have the puck, something Tedenby doesn't do much of, which is a big difference between the two.

Quote:
The Devils actually don't need blueliners at this point. Our top-6 is set for next year with Volch, Fayne, Larsson, Greene, Tallinder and Zidlicky. Plus there is plenty of help on the way with Urbom and Gelinas. Not to mention Merrill isn't far off.
You don't draft players at 29 based on your needs for the following season. The Devils need blueliners in their system, not on their main team. After Larsson, Urbom, and Merrill, I'm not as high about the rest of their many blueliners anymore. Although, to be fair, numberswise, they do need to draft forwards.

Quote:
I'm curious as to why you say "Matteau sucks" considering Montreal was trying to trade into the first round again with us to get him? He's a big body with good wheels who will hit anything that moves and bring it on the forecheck.
He's also incredibly undisciplined, selfish on the ice, and his hockey sense is nonexistent. He's a dumb player, and that assessment has nothing to do with the fact that he was drafted by the Devils. I said those things all night last night, and I said them anytime his name was brought up over the course of the last few months. There are certain exceptions, but in general, hitting everything that moves is not a good thing. There is a right time to hit and a wrong time to hit, and the importance of hitting in general is always overblown in this sport.

I'd bet that Montreal wanting to trade for him has at least something to do with his being French, too.